On an everyday basis, we get exposed to various toxins and pollutants through the air we breathe, the food we eat and many other things that we commonly use.
The liver is known to perform hundreds of functions inside the body. It filters, cleans and controls the blood and processes various biochemical metabolic reactions.
Liver is always working in detoxification and excretion of compounds that enter the blood stream. It helps the blood to clot and also creates energy through glucose.
Liver is responsible for dividing and breaking down substances and molecules that are exposed to the body. You must realise how important it is to maintain a healthy and functional liver for overall wellbeing of your system.
People, who are always eating junk and sugary food, should consider a detox of liver immediately. With so many unhealthy eating patterns and consumption of alcohol on regular basis, the liver loses its functionality.
The liver gets overloaded with toxins and cannot operate properly. Signs that your liver isn’t working properly may include- bloating and gas, constipation, yellow skin, high blood pressure, dark urine, chronic fatigue, heartburn, acid reflux, poor appetite, sweating, anxiety, easy bruising, etc.
The good news is that it is possible to detox and renew your liver with a simple natural remedy.
Not only this remedy will cleanse your liver, but will also make you look 10 years younger!
Let’s see a very effective and simple recipe to renew your liver:
Olive oil and Lemon Juice Detox for Liver:
The benefits of olive oil are known extensively, it is the best all natural solution available to clean your liver.
When you consume olive oil regularly, it sends the signal to the liver to open up the bile ducts.
When these bile ducts open up to process the excessive amount of olive oil, any substance which was previously stuck inside can flow out easily.
Some people have effectively got rid of gallbladder stones from their body with olive oil. Just make sure that you pick up olive oil which is minimally processed, that is why we recommend using organic extra virgin olive oil for this detox.
Also, make sure that the oil is fresh because when under the right storage conditions, olive oil’s quality can degrade and it can lose its precious properties.
Do not pick up olive oil which is more than 2 years old. Olive oil used in this remedy is excellent not only to kick-start the liver’s cleansing but also provides other health benefits.
It has monosaturated fats which help in reducing the risk of heart diseases. Olive oil will help further in reducing cholesterol and the anti-oxidants present in olive oil will promote healthy cells.
It contains potent levels of citric acid which helps in breaking down the food in your stomach.
As the food is getting processed in the stomach, the liver gets less work to do. Consuming lemon juice can be extremely helpful in promoting liver functionality and boosting overall body health.
Benefits of this Detox Recipe:
Post this detox, there are certain things that you can do to maintain the health of your liver.
The role of the kidneys is to filter blood, absorb minerals from the food we consume, release hormones, and detoxify the body through the urine.
Kidney damage is, therefore, a serious health issue, but it might not cause early symptoms right away, so it is important to avoid the following 10 habits that might cause it:
1. It is important that the body is properly hydrated for the kidneys to be able to function normally. Therefore, it is important that inadequate water intake can seriously harm the kidneys. The regular consumption of water detoxifies the body and lowers the risk of UTI and kidney stones.
2. The consumption of high sodium foods increases the risk of kidney damage, high blood pressure, and swellings in the ankles, feet, and hands. Limit the intake of processed, packed, and canned foods, since they are rich in sodium.
3. The regular consumption of red meat makes the kidneys prone to damage, due to the toxins such as nitrogen and ammonia in animal meat and protein.
4. The habit to hold in the urine for a long time can seriously damage the kidneys, since it increases the risk of urinary tract infections, damage to the pelvic color muscles and incontinence, and allows the accumulation of toxins on the body.
5. Studies have linked hypertension to kidney damage since the kidneys filter the toxins through the blood and blood vessels. Therefore, you should frequently monitor your blood pressure, and prevent blockages and hardening of the arteries.
6. The excess intake of sugary foods and drinks can lead to the development of type 2 diabetes, which eventually leads to blood vessels and kidney damage.
7. Smoking and excessive alcohol intake support the ingestion of toxic ingredients on the body, elevate blood pressure, and dehydrate the body, leading to damage and decline of the kidneys.
8. Sleep deficiency is dangerous for the entire body, including the kidneys. It elevates blood pressure, affects kidney function, causes stress, fatigue, and numerous other health issues.
9. When one does not follow the exact prescription of medication given by their doctors, they can experience kidney damage.
10. Physical inactivity has been linked to various chronic diseases, heart attacks, diabetes, and cancer, and has been found to elevate the risk of kidney disease by 30%.
Despite avoiding these 10 habits, you should also incorporate other beneficial ones, that will support the function of the kidneys and ensure their health. Newport Natural Health suggests the following:
Do you always find yourself catching flu a few times in a year? If yes, then your immune system is certainly weak and needs some serious boosting up.
Flu is an acute viral infection of the upper respiratory system. You may not be able to differentiate between flu and cold symptoms, but they are definitely different.
Cold symptoms are mostly localised to only head and chest but flu can spread throughout your body producing symptoms of fever, body ache and exhaustion. Sometimes it can takes weeks for flu symptoms to disappear. Flu is extremely contagious and can spread to others via sneezing, coughing and touching infected surfaces.
The Symptoms of Flu can Include:
There are some very effective home remedies that not only will save your money but also benefit your immune system.
When it comes to exposure to flu, it is always better to strengthen the immune system to make it robust against any repeated encounters. This will help in decreasing the ability of the virus to take a root in the body.
If you are looking for an absolutely natural and safe remedy to relieve flu symptoms and clean your lungs, then keep reading.
Here is one syrup that can get rid of flu and clean your lungs in a day.
Thus carrots have the ability to treat respiratory problems, boost the immune system and relive flu symptoms.
Honey is considered the most effective antibiotic against bacteria and pathogens.
It has various anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties. It can help ease sore throat pain and cough.
Honey helps in relaxing sore and scratchy throat naturally. It also boosts the immune system which makes you recover faster from the flu. Honey also helps you sleep better when you are sick.
The vitamin C present in lemon can help in reducing phlegm when you have flu and relive the upper respiratory tract infection. Also, vitamin C stimulates production of white blood cells which is always good when you are sick.
The Syrup will Help in:
While this syrup can get rid of flu and clean your lungs just in a day, it is also advised to make necessary lifestyle changes if you have repeated encounters with flu.
You can recover from flue faster if your diet is healthy and you drink plenty of water every day. Also, you can have moderate exercises when you are
sick to alleviate some symptoms.
A very important thing is to avoid smoking overall, because it can interrupt your body’s recovery.
Also, smoking makes you vulnerable for more serious respiratory infections. With proper rest and this incredible syrup, you can recover from flue effectively!
Most women haven’t stopped wearing a bra since their puberty years when they were told to put one on. However, bras have been marketed as a way to alleviate back pain, provide extra support, and lift up the breast, while they apparently do more harm than good if worn all the time.
A study conducted by Professor Jean-Denis Rouillan, of the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Besancon in France, found that bras don’t have any medical or anatomic benefits for women, but they have an opposite effect and lead to sagging and prevent them from growing.
During the 15-year study, 330 volunteers between the ages of 18 and 35 had their breasts measured, and women who went braless had a 7-millimeter lift in their nipples annually, had fewer stretch marks, and their breasts were firmer.
Additionally, the study showed that not wearing a bra improves body posture, and forces the body to develop the muscles underneath the breasts, which prevents sagging.
“Medically, physiologically, anatomically — breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity. On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra.”
However, note that this study involved participants that were fairly young, and the results might not be the same I older women chose to go braless. Researchers emphasize that they aren’t telling women to stop wearing bras altogether since it is a personal choice.
Yet, there are more reasons to go braless:
-- Bras often cause discomfort, as the underwires are uncomfortable, and can pierce into the skin, while sports bras are often so tight and cause a feeling of being trapped
-- They aren’t necessary for every activity throughout the day, and most women take them out only when going to sleep. Yet, you need to give your breasts some time to “air out”, despite the social norm that dictates you to wear it everywhere, at any time.
-- Ditching your bra will prevent dirt and oil from being trapped on the skin, and this will lower the risk of rashes, breakouts, and infections due to clothing that traps sweat against the body
-- Going without a bra can be of great benefit for the blood circulation since too tight elastic bands and straps can slow down circulation to the arms and torso. By going braless, you will stop compressing the major blood vessels
-- It takes much time to find a suitable bra, and sizes are not universal
-- Bras can be expensive, and have a relatively short shelf life, of only about six to eight months. Also, most women usually buy more than one, work bras, sports bras, leisure bras, etc.
Moreover, Insider reports:
“According to a study on circadian rhythms and the impact of clothes on skin and circulation, restrictive clothing can actually have a negative impact on your sleeping patterns.
More specifically, this study analyzed the effect of bras and girdles on sleep cycles, core temperature fluctuations, and salivary melatonin.
The study claimed that these clothing items have a direct impact on how you sleep and if you will get the proper amount of rest. It’s worth noting that this study was only conducted with 10 participants and more research is needed, but ditching that bra could let you sleep like a baby.”
If you decide to stop wearing a bra, it might be a bit strange at first, but here are some helpful tips:
Remember that young girls should not wear bras in order to allow their breasts to develop properly.
Our body always sends messages that signal its current condition, so if we learn to listen to them, we will be able to treat health issues on time and ensure our wellbeing.
Elson M. Haas, MD, a San Rafael, Calif., physician with a natural-medicine approach and author of Staying Healthy with Nutrition (Celestial Arts, 2006) says:
“Physical signs and symptoms are ways your body tries to alert you to deeper imbalances. Taking the time to decipher the body’s codes is always better than simply popping a pill and hoping the symptoms just go away. Ideally, we want to get to the causes of problems, not just suppress the end result of ill health.”
Additionally, Vivian Goldschmidt, MA, explains:
“You may not have thought about this before, but the way you feel on a given day is actually your body talking to you. Whether you know it or not, your body responds to everything you encounter, day in and day out.
For example, you might have a headache. For many, that means turning to some sort of over-the-counter pain killer so that you don’t have to stop your daily activities, and the cause of the headache is not really considered. But a headache is not normal.
It’s your body telling you that something isn’t right. A headache can mean your muscles are tense, you’re dehydrated, or that you aren’t sleeping enough – these are just a few examples. And the pain-killer approach never takes care of the problem that caused the headache to begin with.
If you take a moment to focus on your body, you may be surprised by what you discover. Just taking a minute to listen to your body’s needs can reveal a lot about how you’re reacting to your environment, diet, and other factors.”
Here are 21 things our body is trying to tell about our health:
1. Abnormal sweat smell- If it smells like acetone, you might experience issues with the blood sugar, and ammonia odor might indicate kidney or liver issues
2. Pungent urine or stools- Smelly stools might indicate a lactose intolerance, while the chemical smell of the urine can indicate a urinary tract infection, usually due to the E. coli bacteria
3. Dry skin- Chronic dry skin can be a symptom of diabetes, nutrient deficiencies, and hypothyroidism
4. Puffy eyes- This is a symptom of excess stress or a lack of sleep, as well as hormonal changes and salt intake
5. BMI- the chance of developing dementia in people in their 40s, whose abdomen is on the large side, is up to 3.6 times more likely than their smaller waisted peers
6. Swollen feet- This is usual in pregnant women and people who spend many hours on their feet, but if these are not the causes, this might indicate fluid retention
7. Pale tongue- This could a symptom of an iron deficiency
8. Longer ring fingers in women- Women whose ring fingers are longer than the index fingers have an increased risk of developing osteoarthritis in the knees
9. Abnormal hair growth- The growth of hair on areas where it typically does not in women is a sign of issues like polycystic ovarian syndrome, due to the increased production of male hormones
10. Cracked, dry lips- they are a sign of dehydration or an allergic reaction caused by lip cosmetics, medications, dental hygiene products, metals, and foods
11. Dark velvety skin patches- This can signal a medication reaction or pre-diabetes
12. Smaller calves in women- This might be a sign of a higher risk of stroke, due to the development of carotid plaques
13. Loss of eyebrow hair- This is a sign of a thyroid disease
14. Stinky feet- You might suffer from Athlete’s foot if your feet smell even though you keep proper hygiene and constantly keep your shoes and socks clean
15. Blood type: People with type O blood, either negative or positive, have a lower risk of pancreatic cancer
16. Stunted or uneven teeth- This might be a result of the habit of grinding the teeth while sleeping, usually associated with increased stress.
17. Height- Short people tend to live longer, which is believed to be due to the fact that one of the genes responsible for short stature is also partly responsible for longevity
18. Premature facial wrinkles- If you notice wrinkles while in early menopause, you might experience issues with the bone mineral density
19. Breast size-Women whose breasts are a D cup or larger when they were age 20 have an elevated risk of type 2 diabetes, which is believed to be due to the hormonally sensitive fat in the breasts
20. Shorter arms- Women with shorter arms, 60inches or less, are up to 1.5 times more prone to Alzheimer’s disease
21. Nail issues- Side-to-side lines on the nails indicate stress, white spots or streaks, and ridged nails might be a sign of kidney disease, and small cysts around the cuticles might signal arthritis
You should never ignore the signals your body sends since they directly reflect your state of health. If you experience problematic changes, always schedule an appointment with your doctor.
Experts are constantly claiming that even though cold water is much more refreshing, the consumption of warm water is more beneficial. In ancient Chinese and Indian culture, the consumption of hot water was believed to help digestion, relieve congestion, and relax the nervous system.
Medical Daily writes:
“Most of us start our mornings with a fresh, hot cup of coffee or tea to warm our bodies after getting out of bed. When we drink water, we tend to prefer it cold, but according to Ayurvedic medicine, we have it all wrong.
Regularly drinking very warm water, especially in the morning, can heal our bodies, providing digestive power and reducing metabolic waste that could have built up in our immune system.
“Physicians recommend drinking warm water in the morning, usually, with a polyphenol-rich lemon immersion, or with a tea shown to decrease free radical activity in the body,” Stella Metsovas, clinical nutritionist and media health expert in Food and Nutrition Sciences, told Medical Daily.
The consumption of warm water increases the tightening of the intestines, which optimizes elimination. Unlike hot water, processed cold water is devoid of many essential minerals that could become very unfavorable to the digestive tract when consuming a meal. For cold water drinkers, Metsovas recommends refraining from drinking 20 minutes before eating — even if the source is natural spring water.”
Yet, remember that you should not drink water that is warmer than 160 degrees Fahrenheit, to avoid burns.
Additionally, you should add lemon juice to the water to enrich its medicinal properties. Lemon will also strengthen the immune system, protect against colds and the flu, accelerate metabolism, and detoxify the body.
Here are the health benefits offered by the consumption of warm lemon water every morning:
1. This drink will improve digestion since the warm water will widen the blood vessels and boost the blood flow to the intestines. It will detoxify the system and improve the function of the liver.
2. It will boost the elimination of toxins from the body by elevating the body temperature and stimulating sweating.
3. It will accelerate metabolism, prevent food cravings, eliminate waste and excess water, and help weight loss.
4. This beverage will increase blood circulation throughout the body.
5. It will soothe the nervous system, improve mood, and stabilize emotions.
6. It will stimulate the intestines and improve the healthy function of the digestive system, treating constipation. Lemon is rich in pectin, which improves gut health, regulates blood sugar, and ensures regular bowel movements.
7. This drink will heal colds and sinus infections since it will help mucus to travel faster and will accelerate the recovery. It will clear the sinuses and help breathing.
8. It relieves tension, reduces stress levels, treats insomnia, and relaxes the mind by soothing the central nervous system.
9. The warm lemon water in the morning will hydrate the body after the night, and energize the system.
10. Studies have shown that warm water is of great help in the case of achalasia, a condition where food has trouble moving from the esophagus down into the stomach, making swallowing difficult.
Therefore, substitute your morning cup of coffee with a glass of warm lemon water and you will experience amazing health benefits!